• September 19Welcome to Polar Prints!

A Sophomore’s Advice

Star Vang, Journalism l

In the mighty North High School there are roughly 2,000 students that attend the high school. It is common that most freshman’s may feel overwhelmed. A sophomore at North High School talks about her experience in high school so far and provides a helpful advice.

Lee is in the North High’s Northern Lights Show Choir this year as well as her freshmen year. Lee says,” There were times when I was really down and sad about not having friends in classes, juggling show choir and homework. But I would slowly start doing what I needed to do and open my myself up and that helped back me back up!” Lee also provides advice, Lee says,”Keep up good grades and have fun!”

Transitioning from a middle school to a high school can be difficult. From Lee’s experience,”It felt surreal. It feels like I’m still a freshman, but I also feel like I’m not how a sophomore should be.” During our high school years, it will feel normal to feel out of place.

One of the many reasons why we attend high school is because we want to be able to find ourselves and be able to meet partially through on what we want to do in the future however we may never know what to do in our future even after high school nor college or may be unsure on who our best version of ourselves is.

Although high school may sound alarming, especially if your new to it, you are able to build as a person. It is a experience that could be helpful and life changing. Lee adds,”I was most proud of my grades and getting through show choir & also my growth as a person. I learned a lot about myself and how I want to be as a person.”