Behind the scenes of Shrek

Back to Article
Back to Article

Behind the scenes of Shrek

Natalie Erickson, Staff Writer

At North High School they are having a musical. The name of the musical is Shrek and here are a few words from the cast members. The first cast member is Aaliyah Hesley, She plays a pig. The hardest part of doing Shrek was singing  the high notes because she normally does not sing as high as she has to for the musical. She also had a funny story witch was her friend was doing his solo and it was out of tune and she thought it was funny. The time commitment for practices are every day after school till about 5:15 she said it also depends on what part you are playing.

The next cast member was Noah Hurley. He plays the part of Pinocchio. One of the hardest parts about learning the musical was singing the really high notes and hitting the notes. One of his funny stores for Shrek was going to get his costume witch came form another school. The person that wore it at the other school was much shorter then him. So  then he put it on and he got a wedgie. The reason he got a wedgie was because since the costume was small it was also tight  but he had to show the director with the costume on. when he showed the director the director busted out laughing. When he walked in all the other kids laughed too. The time commitment for being in the play is about every day after school for about 6 weeks. The practices last for about 2 hours.

The last cast member was Sam Arbuckle. He plays a baby bear.  The hardest part of doing the play was audition. Because he had to sing in front of other people.  One of his funny stores that he had from being on set was when he gets yelled at. The time commitment for playing is part is 4 out of 5 days. The practices normally last till 5:15.

Sam Arbuckle

Aaliyah Hesley

Noah Hurley