• September 19Welcome to Polar Prints!

Fall Fashion Taste At North

Nkaujzoo Lee, Journalism I

“You have your own style. Bring out your own fashion and maybe you can start something of your own.” (Gao Yang)

Fall is the season we’re currently in right now. In the halls of North everyone is draped in different colors and style. What are some trends students at North notices bouncing around at North? First off these people do not consider themselves a trendsetter, but instead just regular students who has a fashion taste of their own.

For every season there are different colors and different type of clothes made specifically for that season. For example you don’t wear denim shorts in the middle of winter, because that’s just bizarre. Or you don’t wear a giant faux fur coat in the summer.

Sou Thao, a senior, says that the colors she thinks are perfect for fall right now, “is pale yellow, red, orange, brown, and black.”

Gao Yang, a junior, gives her opinion on the style for fall right now, “I think I’ll consider the ripped jeans, because most likely everyone wears it.”

These colors are a fascinating choice to match with the beautiful leaf colors and this style brings a lot of edginess to match with the outstanding color choice. With every outfit a person choose to wear for school, a picnic or a special event, there is always a reason behind that choice. We all get inspired by something or someone we look up to. For example, if you play sports you might look up to someone who’s famous and an amazing athlete.

Lala Her, a senior, says that, “I inspire myself and my outfits are all put together by me.”

Gao Yang also said, ” I inspire myself. I do things my way to see how I come to love it.”

Sou Thao says, “I see cute things at the store which inspires me.”

There is always an outfit somewhere in people’s wardrobe that they wear on a daily basis, or whenever they want to feel good about themselves. There will be that one outfit that people favor over the others, whether it’s a t-shirt with leggings and combat boots and a jean jacket to finish the look, or something fancy like a floral dress with sparkling heels.

“My favorite outfit is paired with ripped jeans and a jean jacket,” says Gao Yang.

Sou Thao says, “My favorite outfit would be with my fur vest.”

“My favorite outfit would be a grey turtle neck with a fur coat and ripped jeans with black heels,” Lala Her says.

Sometimes people need a little push to get out of their comfort zones and try new things. Fashion is an area where you can explore and experiment and find your own style that speaks to you. It doesn’t have to fit the standards of what others think fashion is, but it should make you feel good and happy about yourself.

Here’s a little advice from Gao Yang, “You have your own style. Bring out your own fashion and maybe you can start something of your own.”

Fall is a beautiful season with bright and gorgeous colors. The fashion world has changed a lot since three years ago, but that doesn’t mean that it’s too late to start now. Put on that dress and heels or wear that sweater with sweat pants, because at the end of the day being happy and feeling confident is what matters most.